The Western State Colorado University Archives collects, preserves, and makes available for use institutional records having permanent value in capturing the history of Western State Colorado University. The Archives also acquires alumni and faculty papers and other documents associated with the history of the university and its activities.
Types of Materials Collected & Maintained
- Administrative Records: All records of historical importance originating in the Western State Colorado University administrative offices, academic divisions, committees, WSCU Foundation, and alumni office.
- General Publications: Academic catalogs, bulletins, handbooks, program announcements, directories, newsletters, and miscellaneous brochures.
- Workshop and Conference Records: Programs and administrative records documenting workshops and conferences sponsored by Western State Colorado University.
- Faculty Publications and Student Reports: Non-circulating copies of faculty publications and student graduate theses, some senior capstone reports, and senior reports from the history program.
- Photographs: Photographs documenting campus events, activities, individuals, buildings, and classrooms.
Access and Services
Contact Nancy Gauss, , 970.943.2278 to arrange for access to the Archives and guidance in finding information and materials.